Friday, February 17, 2012

Journey (my first poem!)


I looked up at the gradually darkening blue sky,
There was a dreamy effect which made me want to fly.
I flapped my little wings hard,
Trying not to stray from the right path.
But a gloomy haze
Kept on blocking my gaze.
I could not see the things even at hand
And visualized them for something they were not.

Never once did I think that I could be wrong,
Kept on flying while conjuring up a song.
Suddenly a blinding light came and struck
And the bolt of lightning shook me up.
Realization dawned: what I had done,
should not have been done.

A new day arrived, bright and clear.
The sky was pearly white, without any blue smear.
The haze was gone and my eyes were opened wide,
To behold a scene which seemed only to mock and chide.

-- Sucharita Saha

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know you wants to fly in a new world with your wings, don’t you need someone to fly with you. Destination is too far to be alone.