Friday, February 17, 2012

A Day in Nature's Classroom


It was the 3rd of November,
The day of our Physics test.
Huge were the chapters
And complicated were the problems!
I had been up early to do some revision,
When I encountered this strange vision.

The sky looked like a patchwork quilt,
It bore testimony to the Artisan’s great skill.
A sweet breeze rustled through the trees,
And I turned my gaze to witness this.
The breeze was fresh and its flow was even,
Perfumed with fragrances found only in Heaven.
While I was busy, the sun did stealthily rise;
Though the glow was faint, it caught my eyes.

The colours of the night had faded and were gone;
Among the new multitude blue was the dominant one.
The sky seemed the canvas of a frenzied artist,
Streaked in various shades with striking expertise.
Nature was basking in the cherry winter light,
Birds flew out of their nest with a cry of delight.
The whims of nature touched a chord in my heart.
It took no time and made me a bard!

The test no longer caused any fear
As I took in the cheerful and romantic flavour.
I was filled with new confidence and spirit,
And a voice whispered, “The sky is the limit.”
I then realized the truth of what the elders had said all along,
The break of the new dawn did indeed transform!!


---Sucharita Saha

No comments: